Investment Banking VP – Healthcare
Crosstree (www.crosstreecapital.com) is a leading, specialty boutique investment banking firm with an exclusive focus on the Health Sciences industries, including Pharmaceutical Services, Diagnostics and Tools, and Digital Health. Crosstree offers specialized consultancy services, including value creation strategies, gap analysis, and custom research, and corporate finance advisory services including: mergers and acquisitions, and private capital placements, Crosstree’s affiliate, Crosstree Capital Securities, LLC, is a registered FINRA member firm.
We are seeking employees who share our values and can thrive in our entrepreneurial, growing firm. We have no bureaucracy and no obstacles to employee development. The trajectory of your career path will be primarily influenced by you and your ability to demonstrate an aptitude to transition to a senior banker. If you think you’re a fit, then we’d love to speak with you.
- Manage M&A processes
- Oversee Associates and Analysts, providing direction, quality assurance and control and mentoring.
- Interface with clients, providing strategic counsel and active project management with a sense of urgency.
- Attend and oversee client meetings with prospective buyers, including management presentations and due diligence.
- Develop and maintain SOPs and templates designed to optimize efficiency in Crosstree’s assignments.
- Support Managing Directors and Principals in business development through oversight of pitchbook production including creative and strategic direction.
- Cultivate and cover new client opportunities with the objective of advancing to a senior banker role.
- Proactively problem solve for client and non-client assignments.
- Ability to perform all duties of Associate and Analyst, including financial modeling, valuation analyses, memorandum drafting and presentation and willingness to personally undertake any task required to ensure client satisfaction.
- Develop familiarity with industry and related companies.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Experience / Skills:
- Experience managing investment banking assignments from start to finish.
- Superb attention to detail is imperative.
- Experience within the healthcare industry is not necessary, but highly desired.
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint applications.
- Exceptional writing skills to efficiently produce reports in a concise and timely manner.
- Communication skills to effectively summarize, explain, and field questions about important industry, company, and market-related developments.
- Quantitative and analytical skills sufficient to assist in the development of corporate financial projections and equity valuation metrics. Familiarity with financial statement analysis is required.
- Salesmanship and public-speaking skills are a plus given the need to present strategic financing and acquisition strategies to clients.
- Organizational skills sufficient to perform duties with frequent interruptions and changes in response to client engagements.
- Must be able to simultaneously manage several projects, work in an extremely fast paced environment and meet critical deadlines.
- Experience with Capital IQ a plus.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
Required Education: MSF or MBA, or Bachelor’s Degree with relevant work experience
Licenses and Certifications: Series 63 & 79 license or, if requested, the ability to obtain within 6 weeks of request
Hours: Normal business hours customary for investment banking.
Compensation: Competitive base salary + annual bonus
Travel: < 10%
Position Location: Tampa, FL, offer with relocation support