MARKET RESEARCH ANALYST
Crosstree is a leading, specialty boutique investment banking firm with an exclusive focus on Health Sciences industries, including Pharmaceutical Services, Diagnostics and Tools, and Digital Health. Crosstree offers specialized consultancy, including value creation strategies, gap analysis, custom research, and corporate finance advisory services including: mergers and acquisitions, and private capital placements. Crosstree’s affiliate, Crosstree Capital Securities, LLC, is a registered FINRA member firm.
We are looking to hire a Market Research Analyst with outstanding organizational and research skills. Market Research Analysts are expected to be focused individuals with a strong proficiency in math and sound business acumen. To ensure success, Market Research Analysts should be exceptional communicators and intuitively recognize patterns with a keen interest in providing purposeful and accurate insight into market trends and strategies.
Top candidates will exhibit critical thinking skills, strong IT skills and a thorough attention to detail.
- Identify, modify, and maintain industry classification systems
- Identify, classify, and profile public and private companies within responsible industries
- Develop and execute a survey-based analysis of companies within industry segments
- Develop reports based on company profiles and industry segment analysis
- Monitor and forecast industry specific market, regulatory, and sales trends
- Assist in the development of standard and custom research documents
- Conduct research on specific market conditions
- Devise and evaluate methods for data collection
- Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information
- Simplify complex data into a user-friendly format such as graphs, charts and other visual aids
- Prepare and present reports to clients and management with very low error rates
- Understand business objectives and design surveys to discover prospective customers’ preferences and industry trends
- Provide competitive analysis on various companies’ market offerings, identify market trends, pricing/business models, sales and methods of operation
- Evaluate program methodology and key data to ensure that data on the releases are accurate and the angle of the release is correct
- Perform complex analyses to support ongoing and ad-hoc company initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Market Research or related
- 1-3 years of experience in market research and analysis
- Analytical thinker with strong theoretical and research proficiencies
- Ability to comprehend and interpret competitor strategies and consumer behavior
- Thorough knowledge of marketing programs and strategies
- Ability to gather large amounts of data and convert it into meaningful analysis
- Solid organizational skills and detail oriented
- Experience with report building in PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated experience in using advanced Excel and PowerPoint features and techniques (e.g., pivot tables, VLOOKUP, macros, VBA, linking data across files, etc.).
- Experience with different research methodologies including but not limited to secondary research, survey research, ethnographies, and customer segmentation.
- Experience with statistical analysis preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Strong proficiency in math, web analytics and business research tools.
- Brilliant written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to simplify complex information into a user-friendly format.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, databases and statistical packages
Crosstree Capital Partners, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, age or disability in employment or provision of services.