Build your strategy on knowledge and experience, not guesswork.
Crosstree’s Strategic Services team provides actionable plans and pragmatic guidance to create and realize greater value for our clients. By combining proprietary research, expert financial analysis, and industry knowledge with real-world execution expertise, Crosstree helps companies plan, evaluate, and execute viable strategies to achieve successful outcomes downstream.
We turn ideas and concepts into executable strategies.
Whether planning an inorganic strategy to accelerate growth or crafting a story for prospective buyers, investment committees, and boards of directors, our experts will help you assess, demonstrate, and execute value enhancement opportunities.
Pertinent insight is invaluable when determining a logical, actionable, and value-enhancing growth strategy and can be the difference between an accepted and rejected offer. Crosstree leverages in-house research and expert KOL interviews to receive direct insight into the desired industry. With a constant pulse on the market, Crosstree’s experts are not only abreast of market trends but have developed an expansive network of trusted industry executives over our 15+ years of hyper-focused health sciences deal expertise.
By analyzing objective information and perspectives and interweaving proprietary research, we create a clear and impartial value thesis finely tuned for your specific company and nuanced market position.
Crosstree provides comprehensive support across the full transaction cycle. By leveraging Crosstree’s health and life sciences expertise, private equity firms are provided the appropriate tools to make successful bids, formulate actionable growth theses, and maximize return upon exit.
Crosstree’s transaction support spans a wide range of transactions, from billion-dollar deals to mid-market and growth capital investments. Our private equity clients across the healthcare and life sciences spectrum value our robust insights and ability to deliver relevant global industry perspectives.
- Market assessment (size, trends, growth, potential)
- Company strategy, opportunities and threats
- Add-on plan ROI and feasibility analysis
- Key Opinion Leader interviews and insights
- Organic and inorganic growth strategy development
PORTFOLIO COMPANY VALUE GROWTH
- Platform company capability analysis
- Valuation analysis and go-to-market timing opinions
- Competitive assessment
Accelerate Value Creation
- Add-on plan development and execution
- Target company capability evaluation
- Target company screening and outreach
- Target company bid range assessment and opinion
- Growth initiative defined and qualified
- Exit strategy development and execution
- Due diligence management and support
- Deep industry expertise to properly position company
Strategic Value Creation Process
Private equity firms and strategic buyers alike rely on Crosstree to provide insights needed to evaluate potential investments, grow portfolio companies, and generate superior returns on exit. Our value creation process draws on decades of execution experience and deep domain expertise to support clients across the full transaction cycle.
Thesis & Scorecard Development
- Articulate strategic aspirations; identify client’s market positioning and key gaps in service offering, competitive landscape
- Develop and present potential investment theses and growth strategies, with a focus on strategic fit, synergy potential, and actionability
- Present gap analysis, representative sector and target profiles, select go-forward strategy
- Develop a weighted target scorecard based on key capabilities and criteria identified by the Buyer and screen for companies accordingly
Profiling & Pre-Qualification
- Utilizing the weighted scorecard, identify and prioritize targets and conduct in-depth analysis on each through the creation of target profiles for internal and external use
- Prepare for target outreach by segmenting target universe and establishing outreach strategy, preparing external Target/Buyer profile
- Conduct introductory outreach to prioritized acquisition targets, leveraging relationships and introducing Buyer in a thoughtful manner
Present Qualified Lead(s) to Buyer
- Confirm actionability of opportunity and facilitate management introduction
- Once the prospective Target is identified as actionable, Crosstree will provide:
- Execution of mutual NDA
- Host/moderate management meeting
- Procurement of initial information requests to conduct qualification
Transaction Advisory Services
- Crosstree will provide the following transaction services:
- IOI and LOI preparation and advisory
- Due Diligence Management required at each applicable stage
- The following additional transaction services can be provided:
- Financial Modeling Services
- Valuation Services
- Crosstree works with Buyer and Target management to run a thorough and efficient process, moving as quickly and practicable through diligence, negotiation, and closing
Crosstree’s research generation identifies actionable business trends, growth opportunities, and specific initiatives for value creation.
When designing and implementing your company’s strategy, you’ll face unknowns, and you’ll need more than generalized market data to make sound decisions within meaningful time frames.
By distilling granular market data, proprietary research, and tertiary information into practical advice, our team will work alongside yours to start building your road map to greater value with a higher level of certainty. With Crosstree as your partner, you’ll readily see how trends and adjacent market movements should influence your company’s approach to value creation.
Research Generation Services
- Proprietary health science industry reports
- Market trend assessment and forecasting
- Due diligence on potential buyers
- Acquisition target profiling and financial modeling
- Customized research